Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Eco-Vintage. Where Old is the New "In"

I never realized how much I liked vintage until I started planning my wedding...
or maybe it's the new season of Mad Men. 


Either way, I'm happy with it.

Recently, with the help of my dear friend Kenna (who took some time to help me with the bridesmaid dress search in spite of her endless grad school papers-- thank you!!), I found the perfect match.  :-)  Pictures to come...

In addition to having fabulous pockets and a beautiful flower-accented waistband, the dress certainly has a bit of vintage flair.  And since vintage is eco-friendly as well (the very definition of reuse, reduce, recycle!), I'd like to explore the theme when it's time to accessorize.

As I go onward with my vintage hunting, I discovered a few great sites for many of the wedding details. One, a fellow blog!

CB Vintage logo

For The Vintage Look:

CB Vintage

Jewelry, cake toppers, books, tennis rackets, and more... this blog offers an assortment of vintage items to shop from whether it be for weddings or your own personal collection.



Posh Girl Vintage
Posh Girl Vintage logo
A great site for dresses, accessories, and anything "Audrey style" (how adorable is that??).  In particular, it showcases some beautiful vintage lace hair pieces as well as some jazzy jewelry, categorized by decade.  I'm fairly certain I've found my rehearsal dinner dress on this site already.



For The Vintage Gifts:

For tea-lover brides, consider giving vintage tea tin boxes as part of the bridesmaid gifts:

Wedding Tea, 20 Sachets in Vintage Tins by Harney & Sons
Wedding Tea, 20 Sachets in Vintage Tin, by Harney & Sons
Harney & Sons "Wedding Tea"
These sachets feature a gourmet blend of lemon-vanilla, pink rosebuds and petals.  Plus, the vintage tin makes a fond memento.  Engrave them for an added personalized touch!





For The Vintage Taste:

Some pretty unbelievable vintage-style wedding cakes...
I definitely will take a break from my Mad Men marathon for this!

"The Ultimate Cake Off, Season 2: Vintage Hollywood Wedding"


Vintage Hollywood Wedding
"Ultimate Cake Off" series

No comments: