Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Green "Dream Come Shoe"

You know the wedding is getting close when the blogs get further and further apart...

But the important thing is that I've learned (and accomplished) quite a bit in the last month that I am happy to pass along.... starting with my perfect pair of vegan heels.

As some of you know, my shoe search was a bit of a process.  I honestly didn't know which direction I wanted to take.  One of my bridesmaids warned me about the many shades of ivory shoes out there... and, oh boy, that may be an understatement. Trying to find a matching pair of shoes for the dress (that have eco-friendly elements) induces an urge to kick the computer.

So, I decided to forgo the ivory... and incorporate my "something blue" with a little sparkle too.  I splurged a little, saved myself a boat-load of time/stress/sanity, and designed my own vegan wedding shoes with Milk and Honey.
Ginnifer Goodwin in
Milk and Honey vegan heels

(photo compliments of
www.milkandhoneyshoes.com)

What began as designing a pair of vegan shoes for friend and actress, Ginnifer Goodwin, has now grown into a full-time business for other vegan "sole-seekers." Dori and Ilissa (the founders of Milk and Honey) are sisters with incredible talent.

I was fortunate enough to meet with Dori, who maintains her end of the business here in Los Angeles.  She helped me find the shoe design I had envisioned and also determined my ideal heel-height.  She even shared some of her eco-friendly shoe creations: transforming a 1960's wedding dress and even a bridesmaid dress into fabulous shoes.

"Sparkle" Bridal Shoe
by Milk and Honey
(photo compliments of Milk and Honey)

To see their creations, you can visit the website.  And if you don't see a style that suits your tastes or needs, you can design your own "Dream Come Shoe" as well.

No comments: