Thursday, December 30, 2010

Vegan & Eco Wedding Shoe Shopping!

I can safely say I may have spent more time looking for shoes than I've spent looking for my dress.

If there's one area where the eco scene is lacking, it's in the dressy heels department.  Sure, there are plenty of options for sneakers and sandals, but when it comes to wedding shoes, it's been a bit of a mission-impossible.

One idea for eco wedding shoes: borrow from a fellow bride friend.  It covers the "borrowed" part of the equation and chances are, the shoes are like-new.

Here's another:  buy a pair of shoes from a company that will then give a pair to a child in need.  It's called the "One for one" program by TOMS Shoes.

TOMS Shoes is a company I heard about when I originally moved out to LA.  I went to a small launch party for them, and I'm so excited to see how much their vision has grown.  They now have a line of shoes that are for the wedding party; better yet, they're extremely comfortable, durable, and you'll definitely be wearing them in the future.  Who says you have to wear heels?

Image from www.toms.com

For those of you who answered "ME!" to that question, here are some eco-friendly and vegan options.

And you thought you could never be vegan...
Just look at you now.

Vegan Chic Glamour Shoes
Image compliments of www.veganchic.com

I personally love these shoes...
I wish I could wear 5 inch heels, but having all eyes on me as I walk down the aisle is enough of a challenge for one day.  Anyway, these shoes are vegan and very glamorous (if not for your wedding, for a fun night out).




Image compliments of www.payless.com
See what happens when more people go green?  It makes eco-friendly products more affordable!  Payless Shoe Stores are now carrying heels made of eco-friendly faux leather, recycled rubber, and lined with organic cotton for $15.99.  Especially if you're planning a fall or winter wedding, these Juniper blue shoes would be the perfect fit.

No comments: