Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Oh, the eco-invitation possibilities!

I cannot stress enough how many choices will face you when you plan a wedding.

On one hand, I'd say I've lucked out "going green" because it certainly narrows down the companies I consider.

On the other hand, it's unfortunate that there are so few out there at the moment.

Take the invitations, for instance.

I walk into The Paper Spot (an adorable stationary store in my lovely hometown of Frankfort, IL) and gaze at 12 thick binders of invitations templates looming at me.

After inquiring which is "greenest," the saleswoman selected one binder and handed it to me. Well, that was easy. But then again, shouldn't creating invitations from recycled-paper be a no-brainer by now?

At least there are a few out there.

The one I'm most currently considering is a company called Crazy Daisy.
According to the saleswoman at The Paper Spot, the owner also wanted me to know he drives a Prius. Good work!

Another company I just discovered last night, but that's been around for about 200 years, is the Crane Company. They specialize in 100% cotton paper that is also recyclable. Unlike paper from trees, the cotton paper also generates less waste and energy.


In my opinion, you can't tell the difference between the cotton and paper... maybe in the texture, but only slightly.  And I just love the pastel green colors.  The image above is a sample of one invitation template, but more can be seen on their website!

No comments: