Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Bridal Book Club

A sign you're a bride...
you notice the need to join a book club that will force you to read about non-wedding subjects.

But while we're on the subject-- here's my current read!

The Green Bride Guide: How to Create an Earth Friendly Wedding on Any Budget.

Why I picked it:

1. The "any budget" part stuck out.  And by the way...  For any brides who are not on a budget... if you're out there.... would you like to make a donation to my wedding fund??  Thanks!!  :-)

In all seriousness, I like the "any budget" phrase because sometimes "Eco" gets a little too "Eeeek! Oh!!!"

(That's me upon seeing price tags for our caterer's plates of grass fed beef.  I know it's important to support a healthful life for animals, but wow, will people please buy more of it so we can make these prices relatively stomach-able??)

2. The book is clearly structured by topic.  Very, very easy to navigate for the exact answer you're looking for.

3. The author, Kate Harrison, provides super green alternatives but also pairs them with options that are more green than conventional choices.  So if you just can't bear having your ceremony without flowers, there are ways you can have your flowers and eat them too (on your organic cake!).

4. The cover is really pretty... Did I really just judge a book by its cover?  Whatever, I like the color.

No comments: